Thursday, April 7, 2016

Tough Times Call For Tough Love

I know there may seem to be a running theme with my posts, but I promise there will be other topics to come!

In my last post, I talked about storms. I mentioned what caused mine, what I needed to realize, and what (or Who) will lift me out of it. One thing I attempted not to touch was a surprise in the storm, or a roadblock if you will. Things that happen while you're going through a rough patch that are completely unexpected. Both the bad and the good. And it just so happens that both have happened to me! Who would've guessed, right? Those that know me well know that when I write, it comes from something(s) of extreme emotion. This is no different. Let's start where I left off last. I told you about my personal storms. Today, I'm here to tell you that I have found the person to guide me in that boat. Her name is Heidi, and we were both looking for people for our respective boats. Both of us love God, but never really had a faith-based relationship before. It's just shy of a month, but I feel confident that God placed her in my life and He placed me in hers for His glory. If I haven't brought her around to meet you yet, I most definitely will because she means so much to me. I cannot wait to see how He plans to use us together for the Great Commission!

Also, I titled this post for a reason. As those who read the previous post may know, I'm also searching for a job so I don't end up on the streets. I have been actively looking, but it's been brought to my attention by someone who I hold very close to me that I'm not looking hard enough. I'm not particularly proud of the way that I acted, but I did it anyway. The way I acted was that I wasn't appreciative of the efforts they put for me, that I was taking advantage. I was told off. I was so upset that I cried. I cried hard. I haven't had a cry like that in years. The irony in that is those tears to me symbolized the rough water that my boat was in. You see, there has been one story and one person from the Bible that I haven't been able to shake off since just the name was mentioned a few weeks ago in Sunday School. That person is Job. While Job's story is controversial to some, I find it so intriguing and somewhat similar to my current situation. Job lost everything. His wife, his kids, his livelihood. While I don't have kids (and everybody said amen! Haha), I did have someone I loved and I did have a livelihood. Within one month, that was ripped away. However, just like Job, I never lost faith in Our Redeemer. Not once. Because of that faith, I was able to find Heidi and find that partner, that love for someone again, and much greater than I've felt for anybody in my life so far, and I also know by trying my absolute best, and not just by trying I will be able to find my livelihood again.

If there is anyone reading this and would like to ask me any questions about my storms or want to ask me about how you can have a relationship like I have or like Job had with God, I will be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability. If I can't answer them, I know some people that I trust so much that I can introduce you to! If you enjoyed this, please feel free to share it on social media and as always, I'd love to hear what you thought about it! Few free to leave a comment here or on social media.

Catch you on the flip side!

Dylan, aka Chauncey!

No comments:

Post a Comment